Sweet Potato Oatmeal Blender Bread
(makes 6-8 servings)
Prep Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Bake Time: 55-60 minutes
-1 medium-size sweet potato (baked and cooled)
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-½ cup olive oil
-½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
-½ cup of coconut sugar
-2 ½ cups oatmeal
-2 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp salt
-2-3 tsp ground cinnamon
-3 TBS ground flax seed
-1 TBS Oat Mama Brewer’s Yeast
1. Ahead of time (this can be done the day before), bake the sweet potato by poking holes in the skin with a sharp knife, wrapping the potato in foil, and baking in the oven at 400 degrees until soft and baked all the way through. This takes approximately 1 hour.
2. Allow the sweet potato to cool (if prepping the day before, store the baked sweet potato in the fridge wrapped in the foil).
3. When ready to prepare the full bread recipe, pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a loaf pan by greasing with non-stick cooking spray.
4. Scoop out the insides of the sweet potato into a high-powered blender.
5. Add the eggs, vanilla, unsweetened almond milk, olive oil, and coconut sugar. Blend until well combined.
6. Next, add in the dry ingredients of oatmeal, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon, flaxseed, and Oat Mama Brewer’s Yeast.
7. Blend again until a thick batter forms.
8. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake in the center rack of the oven for 55-60 minutes. Test the bread by inserting a knife or toothpick to the center and it should come out clean.
9. Remove from the oven and allow the bread to cool in the pan for 20-30 minutes and then turn the pan over to transfer the bread to a wire cooling rack to finish cooling.
10. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Sunday Bakers can be found on IG @sunday_bakers