Tis' the season for lactation treats and all things pumpkin. If you're looking for the perfect fall bite of lactation goodness, you've come to the right place. It's not easy to make time for baking when you have a newborn on your hands--or on your boobs. These lactation balls are packed with whole foods and galactagogues which will keep your milk supply kicking while you feel like you enjoy some much-earned mommy time. With just a few ingredients you're likely to have on hand in the cupboard, these treats zip up in about five minutes, and they are to-die-for delish!
Enjoy with a warm mug of our organic Chai lactation tea, and you've won the day.
- ⅓ cup gluten-free oats
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup pitted dates, about 8 large
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 2 tsp Oat Mama brewer's yeast
- 2 tsp flax
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree (optional)
*To make these paleo, sub out oats for ⅓ cup coconut flour
- Put everything in a food processor or blender and pulse until mixture forms a loose crumb.
- Transfer the mixture from the blender to a bowl and refrigerate for up to an hour.
- Roll 1 tablespoon into a ball with your hands. Repeat with remaining mixture until all balls are formed.
- Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.