Oat Mama's original lactation granola bar in Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip was what started the idea for our motherhood wellness brand. It was gooey, chewy, and irresistibly decadent. We made each batch lovingly by hand with a team of 9 bakers in our warehouse kitchen. Although we don't make them anymore by hand, we thought what better way to say thank you to our followers than to share our original recipe so you can make them in the comfort of your own home. If you make them, be sure to tag us @oatmama on Instagram so we can see your creations! xo Eliza
Oat Mama Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Lactation Granola Bar Master Recipe: Makes 24 bars
Peanut Granola Ingredients:
5 cups organic gluten-free oats
2 1/2 cups shelled peanuts, raw and unsalted
3/4 cups ground flax
3/4 cups Oat Mama Brewer's Yeast
1 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin coconut oil
1 cup honey
Oat Mama Secret Sauce Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups organic brown rice syrup
3/4 cup all-natural creamy peanut butter, salted
1 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
*1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, chilled (set aside)
Directions for Peanut Granola:
1. Preheat oven to 320 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large mixing bowl mix the dry ingredients
together and set aside.
3. In a small sauce pot add coconut oil and honey over
a low heat until oil and honey are
warmed (2 to 3 minutes).
4. Pour warm coconut oil and honey over dry mix and
5. Spread granola out evenly onto 3
parchment lined cookie sheets.
6. Bake for 10 minutes,
then stir and rotate pans. Bake for another 10
minutes, stirring and rotating granola halfway until
lightly golden brown. Careful not to burn.
7.Allow to cool for 20 minutes. Once cooled, break apart any
big chunks of granola.
8. Measure out 8 cups and pour into a large mixing bowl and set aside to prepare the sauce.
Directions for the Oat Mama Secret Sauce:
1. In a medium sauce pot, add all the ingredients for the
Oat Mama Secret Sauce and stir well. Heat over a
medium-low temperature until the sauce reaches
150 degrees Fahrenheit on a candy thermometer.
2. Once it reaches 150 degrees Fahrenheit, pour Oat
Mama Secret Sauce over bowl of granola and mix
until the sauce is fully incorporated with the granola.
Allow to cool for 2 to 3 minutes, but still warm
enough to mix.
3. Pour in one cup chilled semi-sweet chocolate chips and
stir quickly together, so the chocolate does not melt.
4. Pour mixture onto a parchment lined, coconut oil greased
rimmed baking sheet (9x13) and spread granola bar
mix out evenly with a rubber spatula.
5. Top with a sheet of wax paper and using hands or a grill press,
or a heavy rolling pin, press down firmly. Pull
parchment paper off and use back of a spoon to help
push in granola to fill any holes you may see.
6.Cool for 30 minutes, before cutting into bars.
Transfer with parchment paper to a cutting board
and cut into 24 bars. Store in a seal tight container,
each layer separated by parchment paper so they don't stick.
7. Store bars in the refrigerator for one month, or 3 months in the freezer.